Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: LARABAR Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip



Product Information from Larabar
Everyone’s favorite flavor combination - peanut butter and chocolate come together for "WOW!" inducing deliciousness. But this bar is also nutritious. This bar has 15% DV Fiber and the peanuts are a good source of protein. Add simple, 4-ingredient Fair Trade Certified chocolate chips and you have one outstanding gluten-free treat.
Ingredients:
• dates
• peanuts
• Fair Trade™ chocolate chips
• salt

Review
I haven't tried a Larabar before, but it tasted pretty good. It is on par with the taste of some other protein bars I've had...probably better since it doesn't have the fake manufactured sweetness that other bars have. The only thing that pushes me away from it is the amount of calories in one bar. This is definitely a meal replacement bar for me, not a snack bar because of the amount of calories.  Even then it is higher in calories than some other meal replacement bars that I have tried.  The best part about a Larabar, any Larabar, would be the ingredient list.  I know what every ingredient is, I can pronounce them.  No added unnecessary things such as coloring or preservatives.  This is a big bonus as to why I would buy them and feel safer eating a Larabar in comparison to those other meal replacement bars.

Reviewed by: Jessica
Received From: Influenster VoxBox for Review

Check out all of the different flavors Larabar has from Apple Pie to Tropical Fruit!

1 comment:

  1. I totes loaf Larabars! They give them out for free at the lake by my house! yummo! Nice review, I totes concur!

    <3 jordan
    JordanDibb.com

    ReplyDelete